A suggestion by Supreme CourtJustice Antonin Scalia that a key 1960s-era voting rights law aimed at ending Jim Crow-era voter discrimination against blacks perpetuates “racial entitlement” has drawn outrage from civil rights leaders and others.
Justice Antonin Scalia suggested Congress voted to reauthorize the law because they had nothing to gain politically by opposing it. He then suggested that preclearance represented a “perpetuation of racial entitlement” and that the Supreme Court has a duty to stop an ineffective or harmful law that Congress is unwilling to kill.
“Whenever a society adopts racial entitlements, it is very difficult to get out of them through the normal political processes,” he said.
NFL vs NBA. You pick…..
- 36 have been accused of spousal abuse
- 7 have been arrested for fraud
- 19 have been accused of writing bad checks
- 117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
- 3 have done time for assault
- 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
- 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
- 8 have been arrested for shoplifting
- 21 currently are defendants in lawsuits
- 84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year !
Can you guess which organization this is?
Is it the NFL Or NBA?
Give up yet? Neither, it’s the 535 members of the United States Congress
The same group of idiots that crank out hundreds of new laws each
year designed to keep the rest of us in line. Think before you vote, ask questions before you vote. Get educated before you vote.